Antidisestablishmentarians "Anarchy Is A Step Stool" shirt
Leave it up to the Antidisestablishmentarians to throw a curveball or two. The band has decided to release songs au lieu of an album just like many artists nowadays.
However, the band didn't drop the songs on any music streaming platforms. The only way to listen to them is on individual 3-inch vinyl singles, each including a portable mini-turntable to play them on. Could there be anything currently more punk rock than that?
The first single, "Anarchy Is A Step Stool", takes its inspiration from something the Anti boys are not 'anti' about. "We were massive fans of Game Of Thrones... especially Littlefinger," explains Stiv . "My fave quote is when he said 'chaos is a ladder'. Well, that's a tad too refined for us, but the right idea... so we messed with it a bit."
Good news: the song has become their biggest hit. Bad news: every hardware store in the area of their gigs is sold out of step stools, on top of the band being on the receiving end of many of those same step stools being thrown at them during the shows. "Never could figure out how people got 'em past the bouncers!" says a mystified Stiv.
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
• Ash color is 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Heather colors are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
• Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Heather Prism colors are 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping